Friday, June 15, 2012

Insta-Friday 6/15/12

I can't believe it is Friday already!  This week just flew by, I had so much going on.  And of course, I didn't document much of it.  (Well really there was a lot of it that I was not able to photograph, super secret project in the works)

So here I am linking up with Jeannette from Life Rearranged sharing my instagram photos from the week.  You can link up too...


Sundays are family days at our house and we try to do something new and fun every week.  This weeks trip included a trip into downtown LA.  I used to be so intimidated by the city but now it is just a bunch of super tall buildings.


The California Science Center is hosting an exhibit on Cleopatra.  There were artifacts found from over 2000 years ago.  The condition some of the items were in was amazing.  I may just do a whole post on just the exhibit.  I love history and visiting museums, maybe I should have been a history major.


Out front of the Science Center was a huge lever pull with a 2400lb Toyota truck attached.  There was 4 different positions to pull from (the closer to the truck the more difficult to lift the truck).  Jessica pulled the #1 pull and was so excited she could lift the truck.  Then my muscle man hubby went up to the #4 pull and like nothing lifted the truck up off the ground no problem.



Inside the center were 2 fighter jets and after posting a photo of them on facebook I found out that they are "That is a T38 Talon. It's a trainer used by the Navy and the Air Force. Very quick plane."

  
Tuesday was the last day of school for my little cutie pie and this is the dress she picked out to wear.  She looked so adorable but dang those legs are long.



While cleaning out the garage a few weeks ago, my hubby found a box of books of mine.  The contents included old year books and some of my favorite books growing up that I purchased new for my own children one day.  In this box was The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein.  This book now sits on my desk in my home office and I love it.



While driving down the 5 freeway this morning I saw a spot in the sky...and let me tell you I don't believe in spaceships or aliens but, the first thing that popped in to my head was SPACESHIP!  I couldn't believe it, I started laughing so uncontrollably.  As I got closer I realized that it was just the GoodYear blimp.


That's the end of insta-friday for this week.  This weekend is Father's Day.  What are your plans?



No comments:

Post a Comment